I managed to get some game testers for my game, 11 testers in fact. Fortunately for me, I have quite a few people at hand that are able to test the game so I know the idea works well before promoting my app to production. While PhoneDash is very very far from being ready to be released, the aim of releasing a version to my friends was mainly to get some feedback on if the game is playable / boring.
My nephews have provided some invaluable feedback, primarily that the game needs to be a little more difficult, i.e. limit the bullets and maybe have some diversity for the monsters and platforms. My son, who is 7 at this time liked the game a lot...but he said there was something that was lacking...he wanted to have some kind of levels or some factor that increased in difficulty over time (obstacles in other words).
This weekend, I won't be adding much to the game...maybe only limiting the number of bullets to a set amount which would force the player try to try to jump over the monsters. This is of course quite difficult given that the players velocity is fixed on the x axis and the monsters speed is rather random. :D
My plan was to try and create some form of obstacle, however I managed to buy some spiced rum today so in all likelyness...i'll be too merry to be bothered to try and make something this weekend. HAHA